An electrical fault has sparked fire on a section of Nigerian Army headquarters in Abuja in an early morning fire on Tuesday razed.
This was disclosed by the Army Public Relations Officer, Brig.-Gen Mohammed Yerima on Tuesday
He explained that the complex might have been gutted by fire sequel to some current renovation involving electrical rework.
Read the full press statement
MINOR FIRE INCIDENT AT ARMY HEADQUARTERS COMPLEX, ABUJA
Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarter Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning.
The incident which happened at about 10.15am was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.
The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.
The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.
Director Army Public Relations
2 March 2021