Website British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco (BAT) is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multi-billion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. We are recruiting for an Executive Assistant
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Seniority Level: Executive
Function: General Management
Reports to: Area Director & Human Resources Director, West & Central Africa
Reporting Level: Internal
- BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
- To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Role Positioning and Objectives:
- The role is responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive support to the Area Director & HR Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritizing and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to improve efficiency.
- This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity).
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) and correspondence for the Area and HR Director to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement complex presentations, reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the Top team within the area
- Responsible for organizing extensive global travel arrangements for Area and HR Director and other Regional visitors – transportation, hotels and visas in place
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements & retirements as required
- Organizing conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events
- Effectively interface with other Top Team Members and their PAs to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to PAs within BAT and in other companies
- Identify areas for improvement and execute plans as required
Can this be Your Future Role?
- Can you multitask, prioritize and organize like a pro?
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- BSc/BA Degree
- Previous working experience in a similar role, in a leading corporate organisation is an advantage
- Great MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and ability to prepare complex reports
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Excellent organizing and prioritizing skills
- Great communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with an assertive attitude
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numerical skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries.
- Possibility to grow in the role
- Access to learning and development opportunities
- Competitive package.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.